Trauma can alter how the brain functions, and its signs and symptoms can vary from finding it difficult to trust and being constantly on guard, to sudden panic and intrusive, anxiety-ridden thoughts. Trauma, without question, can significantly lessen your quality of life.
And while the signs and symptoms can feel complex and at times overwhelming, feeling better is possible. In fact, with trauma therapy I expect you will begin feeling better as we implement our compassionate and client-focused evidence-based techniques and strategies together.
Some symptoms that appear as a result of trauma include:
- Feeling trapped in overdrive – on edge, irritable, ready to snap
- Experiencing poor concentration or confusion, or feel easily overwhelmed
- Suffering from trauma related scars, nightmares, or flashbacks
- Avoiding situations or reminders of the traumatic event
- Reliving a traumatic event with accompanying unwanted memories, vivid images, and physical signs like sweating, palpitations, and panic attacks
I’ve helped countless clients to gain positive ground over their traumatic experiences in a safe, supportive environment. I offer a variety of therapeutic approaches to best support you and work with you as an equal collaborator in your treatment and healing.
These different approaches and techniques to help lessen, even eliminate, the painful mental and physical responses raised by the memory of traumatic events and seeks to create new healthier patterns in your brain.
If you would like me to show you how to take your next steps down the road of recovery, please contact me today for an appointment.